With so many fans of the LUNA 2 asking for a travel size version, the folks at Foreo decided it was time to listen! The Foreo LUNA was created out of the need to disrupt the facial cleansing market and address a number of flaws, including the abrasive and unhygienic nylon bristles found on traditional cleansing brushes, and to create a more ergonomic design and hassle-free beauty routine while delivering visible results. The travel-friendly LUNA Go is the size of a cotton pad and lasts up to 30 uses per charge so you can enjoy a full skincare routine wherever you are, without compromise. We caught up with Foreo to find out more and get a step-by-step guide to help us get the most our of our cleansing routine.
Travelling the world, our skin reacts differently to new environments and bacteria. That on top of the drying effects of air travel mean your skin can go through a lot of change and has to adjust from your regular routine. Fret not, the LUNA Go delivers skin care that is completely personalised to your skin type, with brushes that feature a strategic graduation of thinner to thicker touch-points to gently or powerfully cleanse the skin, depending on its needs – choose the lavender model for sensitive or dry skin, pink for normal skin and blue for combination/oilier complexions.
There’s only so much our hands can do, the LUNA devices channel up to 8000 T-Sonic (transdermal) pulsations a minute to deliver the deepest cleanse possible while the soft, rounded silicone touch-points remain extra gentle on the skin.
The key benefits of the LUNA Go are:
- Removes 99.5% of dirt and oil plus makeup residue and dead skin cells
- Enhances the absorption of skin care products
- Refines skin texture and evens out the complexion
- Smooths and firms the skin’s appearance
Like the LUNA 2, the LUNA Go also features the anti-ageing feature which directs lower frequency pulsations to bring more youthful-looking skin by reducing the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as leaving your skin looking firmer and more elastic. You’ll start to notice clearer, smoother and more radiant skin in as little as 3 days.
How To Use The LUNA Go
All it takes is one minute for cleansing and one minute for anti-ageing, so you can cleanse quickly before rushing out the door to explore a new place or before falling into bed after a long night out:
- Remove your makeup then apply your regular cleansing product. Wet the LUNA Go and turn on by pressing the centre button once.
- Every 15 seconds pulsations will pause to indicate to cleanse a new zone
- Cleanse your chin and cheeks using circular motions
- Starting from the centre, cleanse your forehead with gentle outward circular strokes
- Cleanse the nose by gliding up and down each side
- Delicately cleanse the under eye region using outward strokes
- After 1 minute pulsations will pause 3 times to indicate the end of the cleansing routine. Press the centre button once to put it on standby. Rinse and dry your face then apply your favourite skincare products.
- From standby, press the button once more to activate the anti-ageing mode. Press the LUNA go’s anti-ageing surface onto wrinkle-prone areas for a total of 1 minute, after which the pulsations will pause 3 times to indicate the end of the anti-ageing routine.
The hypoallergenic, body-safe and non-porous silicone is easy to clean and prevents bacteria build-up, making it 35x more hygienic than a nylon-bristled brush, so you never need to replace the brush heads! After cleansing, simply run your fingers over the silicone bristles under running water and leave to air-dry.Avoid using clay-based, silicone-based or grainy cleansers, exfoliators or scrubs as these may damage LUNA Go’s soft silicone touch-points or be too abrasive on the skin. The LUNA Go also comes with a handy pouch for safe keeping.