We’ve all been there, scrolling through our Instagram feed and drooling over someone else’s breakfast or dinner wishing we were eating it right that minute! Without a doubt our latest health & nutrition brand to join us, That Protein, is guilty of making us feel such a way!
Founded by qualified nutritionist Darlene Mccormick and developed by nutritionists who share her passion for plant nutrition and making people feel amazing, the range is natural and organic, plus free from dairy, added sugar or sweeteners and free from anything artificial – it sounds right up our street! We got our hands on one of their amazing looking recipies and found out a little bit more about the brand too:
That Protein products are called ‘Super Proteins’ – what is the difference between your ‘super proteins’ and other protein and organic super food powders already available?
That Protein Super Protein is the only 2 in 1 organic plant based fusion of superfoods and protein in a mix that is free from any allergens, chemical sweeteners or flavourings. It uses rare proteins in its mixes e.g. Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein fused with superfoods like Organic Chia Seeds. The range has both superfoods and proteins in enough quantities to deliver double the nutrition in one product.
What are your ‘2 in 1’ fusions?
We have Happy Happy Hemp and Baobab; I Heart Pumpkin and Chia Seed; Blissful Brown Rice and Raw Cacao and Chirpy Chirpy Choca Mocha.
What health benefits can we expect from using That Protein?
There are a lot of health benefits that we can claim. Obviously building and repairing muscles but also helping to maintain a healthy heart, helping to reduce tiredness and fatigue, helping support a healthy immune system, helping support healthy skin, supporting healthy bones. The products are all high in protein and fibre and then each has a selection of these additional health benefits too.
With no added flavours, what ingredients do you use to deliver the flavour?
We don’t believe that chemical flavourings or thickeners are needed for flavour and there are lots of organic, minimally processed options to replace chemical flavourings and sweeteners.
Flavour combinations are at the core of the protein/superfood fusions. For example, lots of people adore the health benefits of Hemp Protein but perhaps not the “earthy” taste so we fused that with baobab which is a complementary flavour and is super zesty like a natural sherbet. The I Heart Pumpkin and Chia Seed is very mild and nutty and so a perfect base for any flavour combinations you want to add; the Blissful Brown Rice and Raw Cacao gets an intense chocolate flavour from our delicious organic raw cacao and of course Chirpy Chirpy Choca Mocha has real raw cacao and organic coffee.
How can That Protein be used?
It can be used to make high protein superfood shakes, added to baking, to smoothies, in porridge…lots of ways. This amazing Hemp and baobab trifle is an example of the fact that you can turn any of your favourite dishes into healthy and functional ones with a little imagination and the right products!
Try our delicious dairy free, refined sugar free trifle recipe made using The Protein Happy Happy Hemp and Baobab. This Super Protein is 100% organic, free from any sweeteners or flavourings and has a super sherbety taste from the Baobab. It not only builds and repairs muscles but helps reduce tiredness, supports collagen production in the skin and supports a healthy immune system. Amazing! It is high in protein vitamin c and fibre.
That Protein: Hemp & Baobab Tropical Trifle
See below for the ingredients for all the different elements of this dessert – it may look like a lot, but the process is so simple and the result is stunning!
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a loaf tin with baking paper. Gently melt the coconut oil, then process the cake ingredients together until smooth, then pour into the loaf tin and bake for 35 – 45 minutes (covering half-way with baking paper if it browns too quickly) or until a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside and leave to cool.
- Next, make your cookie crumble by combining all ingredients until smooth. Spoon over a baking tray in one big, thinnish circle (0.5cm thickness) and bake for six minutes. Set aside to cool and firm.
- Make your coconut cream by beating the ingredients together with an electric whisk, then place in the fridge to set. Make the cashew cream by blending all ingredients together until completely smooth (you may need to add splashes of coconut milk to help it to loosen and combine), then set aside. Now, you’re ready to make your trifle!
- Cut your cooled sponge into thin slices, then layer some of them over the base of a large trifle bowl. Spoon over some of the passion fruit seeds, if using, then top with a large layer of mango cashew cream. Break up the cookie into a crumble, then sprinkle over around one third. Spread over ½ of the coconut cream.
- Repeat the above with your next layer, then sprinkle over any remaining cookie crumble. Decorate with slices of orange and banana, then devour!
Imagine turning up to a party or get together with this! You’ll be the most popular person there!
Do you already use That Protein? What would you like to make with their powders? Let us know on Twitter @Naturisimo_UK
Shop here for: That Protein